Komal Parakh is awarded “BEST ACHIEVER’S AWARD-2021” as the title of “BEST FEMALE NATIONAL ICON AWARD”
Komal Parakh is awarded "BEST ACHIEVER’S AWARD-2021" as the title of “BEST FEMALE NATIONAL ICON AWARD” by Magic Book of Records on August 30, 2021, in the field of Education and Business.
Komal Parakh has graduated in Economics and Political Science from the University of Mumbai. She successfully founded the organization Upcycle Corps., a startup venture dedicated to bringing sustainable lifestyles to communities. Through her startup venture, Komal has effectively prevented over 50,000 meters of underutilized textile leftover from garment manufacturing and apparel production from going to waste by ending up in incinerators or landfills. She has repurposed all this textile into 10,000+ sustainable clothing concepts. In the entire process, Komal has generated fair-wage employment opportunities for 150+ artisans hailing from the remotest parts of the country.
In 2015, Komal, along with her team, was awarded the 1st prize for coming up with the best business model at National University of Singapore (NUS). In 2016, she was one of the 350 delegates chosen from a global applicant pool to represent her country, India at the Harvard Project for Asia and International Relations (HPAIR), where she represented the Entrepreneurship panel. In 2018, Komal was accepted into the spring cohort of Harvard Innovation Labs’ Student Venture Network. In addition to this, Komal is on the board of several startups across the education, healthcare, IT and Consulting space. These include Oya Opportunities, FutureHack, Digital Mayong, Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp and the like.
In her 5 years of experience, she has interacted with 10,000+ students, 500+ industry & thought leaders and 250+ civic, political and business organizations. Her work has led to influencing, engaging and building relationships with key stakeholders across numerous platforms and functional areas including but not limited to - Organizational Behaviour, Growth & Strategy, Operations, PR, Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Leadership & Team Building, etc.
Komal is also a prolific writer and has published several articles including those on ‘Barter in the Age of Paucity and Excess’, ‘Dissolving Boundaries Through Sustainable Returns’ and ‘Application Development as a Career’ on LinkedIn, the Harvard Crimson and Education Times (Times of India) respectively. She is a youth advocate for sustainability, climate action and ending inequality and illiteracy amongst youth and features in several videos about the same.
In addition to the above, Komal is a multi-award winning speaker/orator. She received the Best Speaker award in 2013 by Daily News and Analysis (DNA) in the inter-collegiate debate held in colleges across Mumbai. In 2016, Komal served as the vice-chair of the ECOSOC committee at the I.I.M.U.N conference held at United Nations headquarters in New York City. In 2018, Komal was invited as a guest speaker/mentor at the Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (GEB) held in Bangkok to discuss the challenges she faced in her startup journey. Given her inclination for art and cinema, Komal has also ventured into film-making and production process and is the executive producer for 3 short films by the name of ‘Whales’, ‘Joyce’ and ‘The Doorbell’ respectively and the production assistant for the short film, ‘Proof’, all of which have gone on to win multiple awards at various film festivals around the world.
1. Awarded the 1st prize for the Best Business Model at National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2015.
2. Got accepted into the spring cohort of Harvard Innovation Labs’ Harvard Student Venture Network Program in 2018.
3. Invited as a Speaker/Mentor at the Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp at Bangkok in 2018 to discuss the challenges faced in my startup journey.
4. Awarded the ‘Outstanding Young Achiever of the Year 2021 Award’ for my exemplary achievements and contribution in the field of education.
5. Awarded the ‘Inspirational Woman of the Year Award 2021’ in the Business & Environment category.
6. Awarded the 'Influential Indians Award 2021' for Academic Excellence.
7. Got featured in 2021's '30 Under 30' list of the Indian Achievers Club
8. Got featured in 2021's '99 Achievers of India' list of the Indian Achievers Club
9. Awarded the International Brilliance Awards 2021 for category of 'Innovative Founder of the Year (Sustainability)'.
10. Awarded OBP Motivational Award for Academic Excellence