Dr Arpita Chatterjee is Assistant Professor (Stage III) & Research Scientist, Indian Classical Dancer, Movement therapist, Choreographer.
She is published so many books, journals and papers in international and national level.
Her all performance in various fields is very passionate and innovative So Magic Book of Record had declared to Dr Arpita Chatterjee is entitled as “Best Innovative Researcher Award” on March 12th 2021.
1. She is also Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Botany, Barasat College (Affiliated to West Bengal State University)
2. Internal Complaint Committee member on ‘sexual harassment of women at work place’ of 63 Bn Sashastra Seema Bal, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India,
3. Advisory Board Member and Ethical Committee Member of Barasat Cancer Research & Welfare Centre (formerly Barasat Cancer Hospital), West Bengal, India
4. Secretary (Hony.) and Executive Committee member of Barasat Sahar Adhyapak-O-Gabesak Samity (BSAGS)
5. Advisory Board Member of ‘The Antioxidant Society of India’
6. Principal (Hony.) and Secretary (Hony.) of Executive Committee of Ilora Kala Mandir (an Institute for dance, drama, culture, and movement therapy)
7. Advisory Board Member of Performing Arts Therapy Centre, Rabindra Bharati University, West Bengal, India
8. Educational society member of the Greenfield Convent School, West Bengal, India
1. Studies on the genomic and biochemical markers of different types of cancer and allied health hazards.
2. Application of movement therapy on the physical and mental health of different populations, including cancer and diabetes patients, autism, mental retardation, gerontology, stress management, drug addiction, slum dwellers, children in captive lives, visually and hearing impaired children, other psycho-somatic diseases, etc.
3. Studies on genomic diversities of begomoviruses infecting different cash crops and weeds in Eastern India.
She is awarded in
a. Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) degree (Honoris Causa) in the field of Molecular Virology from California Public University (USA).
b. Awarded Ph.D. degree in 2017 (date of award: 08.05.2017) in the field of Movement Therapy from Rabindra Bharati University.
c. Awarded Ph.D. degree in the field of Molecular Virology from Calcutta University.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1. Received “Innovative Research National Award - 2021” (for valued contribution in various fields), achieved Excellence in Academic, on 13th February 2021, from Harshwardhan Publication Pvt. Ltd., Maharashtra.
2. Received “Jibon Kriti Samman” (for the devotion and great contribution in every field of life) from Culture Lovers Association, Kolkata, on the occasion of Republic day, 26th January 2021.
3. Received “Seva Ratna Award 2021” (for the extraordinary contribution in COVID-19 pandemic and distinguished social services) from BSAGS (An International forum for Researchers, Professors and Educationists) on the occasion of National Youth Day on 12th January 2021.
4. Received “Eminent Researcher Award - Global Eminence Award 2020” for outstanding dedication and commitment, from Bestow Edutrex International LLP on 31st December 2020.
5. Received “Naba-Pathikrit Samman 2016” (for initiating social movements and awareness in new dimension) from Ilora Kala Mandir, Kolkata.
6. Received “Sarod-O-Dip Samman 2013” from Cultural Lovers Association, Kolkata.
7. Received ICAR Research Associateship (2004).
8. Received ICAR Senior Research Fellowship (2002).
9. Qualified GATE-2002 in Life Sciences with 69.38 percentile score.
10. Awarded National Scholarship in B.Sc. (Hons.) Examination from National Scholarship Scheme of Govt. of India, 1998-99.
11. Awarded National Scholarship in the Higher Secondary Examination from West Bengal in 1995.
12. Awarded National Scholarship in the Madhyamik Pariksha from West Bengal in 1993.
REVIEWER OF JOURNALS
Acted as reviewer of journals:
1. International Research Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
2. South Asian Journal of Parasitology
3. Asian Journal of Research and Reports in Hepatology
4. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International
ACHIEVEMENTS AS AN EDUCATOR
Introduced Honours subject in the Barasat College as Departmental Head in the year 2012, and served every responsibility to run the curriculum.
1. Acted special responsibility in community education system to spread knowledge among College students and others.
2. Associated with many NGOs and other organizations to spread knowledge among general people.
3. Regularly arrange awareness program for Girls’ education and actively involved in Gender Equality Programs organized by Govt. and Non-Govt. sectors.
ACHIEVEMENTS AS DANCE-MOVEMENT THERAPIST
For the last 20 years engaged in application of movement therapy in different populations for solving health and social issues, and also to generate social awareness towards the field.
1. Actively involved in the application of movement therapy on the physical and mental health of diabetes patients, for improvement health status and blood sugar level of diabetes patients, from the year 2000 to till date.
2. Acted as facilitator in National level workshop on “Dance Movement for Cancer Prevention & Therapy” on 4th February 2021 (World Cancer Day), organized by Ilora Kala Mandir.
3. Acted as facilitator in workshop on “Stress Management through Dance Movement Therapy” on 17th January 2021, organized by Ilora Kala Mandir.
4. Actively involved in preventive and therapeutic management of malignancy, stress management and immuno-modulation through movement therapy in cancer patients at Barasat Cancer Research & Welfare Centre (formerly Barasat Cancer Hospital), West Bengal, India from the year 2007 to till date.
5. An eight-week progressive programme was conducted as therapeutic events with the persons living in Dinantey, an old age home situated at Madhyamgram, West Bengal, for solving old age problems through dance movement therapy.
6. Over two years’ dance-movement therapy programmes were conducted with the special children of Bikasayan, Kolkata having problem of autism, Down syndrome and mental retardation, with the objectives of education, training, management and habilitation services for mentally retarded individuals, and also to pay attention on behavioral problems and physical barriers.
7. Over four years’ therapeutic sessions were conducted with the inmates of Kishalaya Home, Barasat, North 24 Parganas, the Government home for the boys, with the aim for the management of drug addiction among the in-house boys, and also to develop education and togetherness among children in captive lives through dance movement.
8. Six-month long therapeutic event was conducted with the physically disables (deaf and dump girls’) inmates of Barrackpore Ramkrishna Vivekananda Mission, through dance-movement with visually and hearing impaired children to develop self-esteem and body image.
9. Practical implementation of dance-movement therapy was conducted for two-years’ among the school phobic children of Hridaypur Nabasopan to generate awareness of education through dance movements, to motivate the children in structured education, to express their ideas and subjects through dance movements, to express their inner feelings and phobia, to overcome their scariness and negative attitude towards education, and to develop leadership among the children.
10. Application of dance-movement therapy was conducted among the members of Pratyush, Barasat in therapeutic mode to develop self-esteem and self-identity, among the poor, street children and slum boys and girls.
11. Dance movement therapy was also conducted with house wives, corporate workers and administrative staff for stress management; also to other population in solving breathing problems and other health hazards, and also other psycho-somatic diseases.
OTHER SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
1. Involvement in various awareness programmes for cancer and allied health issues.
2. Involvement of environmental awareness programs organized by Govt., non-Govt. and private sectors.
1. Ex-Coordinator and Visiting Lecturer of Performing Arts Therapy Centre, Rabindra Bharati University, West Bengal, India.
2. Expertise in various fields of Indian classical dances like Kathak, Bharat Natyam, Tagore-Ballet, Bengali folk, provincial and creative dances.